My Chicken Salad recipe:
- 1.5 pound(s) of Skinless, boneless white chicken breast
- 1 cup(s) of Organic Mayonnaise
- 4 ounce(s) of Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup(s) of Chopped Celery
- 1 tbsp. of Mustard
- 1/2 tsp. of Salt
- 1/2 tsp. of Morton’s Nature Seasoning
- 1 pinch of Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Almonds
- Put chicken in a dutch oven or very large pot, cover with water, add 3 to 4 teaspoons water and boil chicken until fork tender (about 15 to 20 minutes)
- While chicken is cooking, put celery in the food processor and process until fine. I also process the almonds at this time.
- Drain chicken, cool, and cut into smaller pieces. Add chicken to food processor and process until fine.
- Mix chicken, mayonnaise, and cream cheese until smooth and well blended. Add the celery and almonds.
- Stir in mustard, salt, Nature seasoning
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill, if desired. Serve with vegetables, fruit, crackers or on bread (We use the Oroweat thin sandwich rolls: 100% whole wheat).
Although I haven’t done it yet, I am going to try to subsitute the cream cheese and mayo with some greek yogurt to make it healthier.
A Quick Note From Jen:
I am so excited to be part of this team! I can’t wait to create and share healthy lunches that I make for my family. I also hope to inspire others to do the same for their family. We use Wean Green for not only lunches, but for easy to grab snacks, dips, baby food, and storage. I will be the first to admit I am not the healthiest eater (trying to change that), but I don’t want that to be the case for my children. I want them to crave the healthy stuff and make it easy for them to grab something nutritious from the fridge or pantry.